- Category: FP-Featured
- Published: Monday, 10 February 2014 19:45
It's finally February, which means the build up to Valentine's Day has begun!
For some of you, this may make you role your eyes, while others may get super excited thinking about spending some quality time with a significant other.
Regardless of your plans for the 14th, this richly colored, cold "soup" is the perfect dish to make anytime of year, but it's especially festive for February ;)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 sweet red peppers, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 lb. mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ¼ cup light butter
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- salt & pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add vegetables and cook, stirring often, until softened (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in stock, paprika and sugar, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Purée in batches in a blender.
- Strain through a sieve or pass through a food mill into a large bowl to remove any remaining bits of pepper skin.
- Stir in lemon juice, cayenne, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours (or overnight).
- Taste and add more seasoning if desired.
- Feel free to add beet chips in the shape of hearts for presentation <3
- ENJOY :)
Well, what did you think? Let me know in the comments below!