Ahhhh. I can smell it.
What’s better than the aroma of freshly baked apple crisp on a chilly Fall evening? I’ll tell you!
Nothing. (Well maybe a few things... but for the sake of this topic - nothing!) ;)
If you’re craving the taste of delicious tart apples perfectly paired with the sweet crunch of a golden brown cinnamon crumble, but you don’t want to consume a day’s worth of calories or you don’t have the time to slave over an entire pan, then boy do I have the recipe for you!
This healthified Apple Crisp For One is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth while saving time and calories!
What You Need:
- 1 large apple
- 2 tsp. Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/4 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- (Optional) 1/4 cup Plain or Vanilla Greek Yogurt
What You Do:
- Hallow out the apple to make a “bowl”
- Chop the insides of the apple into small chunks
- Mix the chunks with 1.5 tsp. unsweetened applesauce, 1/2 tbsp. honey, and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Place the mixture back into the “bowl”
- Mix the oats, remaining 1/2 tsp. applesauce, 1/2 tbsp. honey, and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Sprinkle this moist crumble topping inside the apple “bowl”, filling it all the way to the top
- Place the “bowl” in a toaster oven or preheated oven of 350 degrees for around 7-8 minutes
- Set it to broil for an additional 2 minutes, or until the top is perfectly golden brown
- Carefully remove it from the oven, top with greek yogurt, and enjoy :)
Doesn’t this just scream Fall!? What do you think? Any fun variations or tips for the FSS community?