Beauty Bite - Tomato Sugar Scrub
- Category: Daily Blog
- Published: Monday, 27 January 2014 19:56
Part of being a fit, strong, and sexy woman is looking and feeling fresh, radiant, and healthy.
Skin health is super important for our overall wellbeing, and I mean, let's be honest - who doesn't want soft, glowing skin?
I don't know about you, but I prefer natural products over those fancy, funky smelling, chemical-filled ones you can buy at the department store that come with a huge price tag!
So, here is a super easy 'recipe' for a sugar scrub using tomatoes! I know, it may sound a little strange - but trust me on this, your skin will love it, and you will literally see the benefits!
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 cup sugar (you can eyeball this - no need for exact measurements)
- Tomatoes contain the antioxidant lycopene which "combats age-causing free radicals and assists in metabolic functions related to growth and repair." They also contain vitamins A, B, C, and K, as well as iron, among other components that aid in skin health.
- Sugar removes dead skin cells and stimulates skin regeneration.
- Oily or combination skin: three times per week.
- Dry, sensitive skin: once a week.
- Wash off any make-up and cleanse skin thoroughly.
- Cut the tomato in half.
- Put open end of tomato into sugar.
- Use tomato half as a sponge to apply sugar directly onto skin.
- Distribute the sugar evenly onto skin using circular motions, avoiding the delicate eye area.
- Leave mixture on skin for about 10 minutes.
- Gently wash mixture off with cool water.
- Voila! Beautiful, smooth, radiant skin!
*This recipe was adapted from Wiki Talks. For more like this, check out their Fashion & Beauty page!
Well, what did you think? Is your skin feeling soft and youthful? Let me know in the comments below if you liked this "beauty bite" and if you want more like this in the future!