Contest may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. You must be over 18 to enter. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the United States.
1. How to Enter. To enter the Everyday Health + Amanda Russell Memorial Day Challenge Video Contest (the "Contest"), you must (i) subscribe to the Everyday Health YouTube channel; (ii) subscribe to the Amanda Russell YouTube channel; and (iii) submit a video to YouTube.com that adheres to the guidelines below. Subscribing to YouTube channels and submitting videos to YouTube is free of charge. To enter a video for consideration, (i) create an original video that is one to two and a half minutes in length and complies with the Guidelines and Restrictions below (a "Video"); and (ii) upload the Video to the first video in the Everyday Health + Amanda Russell Challenge playlist on YouTube.com. All entry information and Videos shall be collectively referred to herein as the "Entries" or each as an "Entry." Limit one (1) Entry per person/ email address per day during the Contest Period, as defined below. Your Video must be your original work. Everyday Health reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Entry that does not comply with these Official Rules, or contains third party content, or is inappropriate for any reason, including without limitation, for depicting or mentioning sex, violence, drugs, alcohol and/or inappropriate language. All federal, state and/or local rules and regulations apply. Everyday Health reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of Entries are received that meet the minimum judging criteria. Facebook, Pinterest and YouTube are not sponsors or participants of this promotion. By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to his/her Entry: (i) entrant is the parent or legal guardian of any children in the Video and is authorized to grant Everyday Health the right and permission to use the Video, including the right to display and use the child's likeness; (ii) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Entry, including the Video; (iii) the Video is entrant's own creation and is 100% original and entrant owns all rights in and to the Video, including copyright; (iv) the Video will not infringe on or conflict with the rights of any third parties; and (v) any persons appearing in the Video have given entrant appropriate consent to be taped and used as permitted herein. By entering, all entrants acknowledge and agree that their respective Videos may be posted on the Everyday Health Facebook page, Amanda Russell's blog, Amanda's Russell's Facebook page, Everydayhealth.tumblr.com blog, the Everyday Health Pinterest page and the EverydayHealth.com website (the "Everyday Health Channels") and grant their permission to have the Videos posted on the Everyday Health Channels. Providing an Entry constitutes entrant's consent to give Everyday Health a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Entry in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including for promotional or marketing purposes. All entrants must have a valid email address. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address, per day throughout the Contest Period, as defined below. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Receipt of Entries will not be acknowledged and Entries will not be returned. Everyday Health is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled Entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Everyday Health. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Use of YouTube and participation in the Contest is governed by the YouTube Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. Entries that don't comply with the Terms of Service and Community Guidelines will be disqualified.
2. Entry Guidelines and Content Restrictions: By entering, you agree that your Entry conforms to the Entry Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the "Guidelines and Restrictions") and that Everyday Health, in its sole discretion, may remove any Entry and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your Entry fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
You acknowledge that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Entries that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in your Entry. You understand and agree that you shall not have any claim against any other entrant or Everyday Health arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity. By entering the Contest, you fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Judges reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Entries that are inappropriate for any reason, including without limitation, for depicting or mentioning sex, violence, drugs, alcohol and/or inappropriate language.
3. Contest Start/End Dates. The Contest begins at 12:00:01 pm Eastern Time ("ET") on May 20, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on May 24, 2012 ("Contest Period"). No Entries will be received after 11:59:59 pm ET on April 30, 2012. The winners may not resubmit winning Entries but may enter subsequent days if they provide a distinctly different Video on a different day during the Contest Period, as determined by Everyday Health in its sole discretion.
4. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence as of date of entry, and are the parent or legal guardian of the child or children in the submitted Video. Void outside of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Everyday Health, Inc. ("Everyday Health"), its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the fifty United States or the District of Columbia.
5. Prizes. Five (5) winners, selected by the judges pursuant to the criteria in Section 6 below, will be sent the following (collectively, a "Prize"):
Total Approximate Retail Value of each Prize: $210.
Prizes are non-transferable. Prize winner may not request or receive cash substitution, transfers, or reassignments of their prizes or any parts thereof. In the case of unavailability of any Prize or individual element(s) of Prize, Everyday Health reserves the right to substitute a Prize or element(s) of Prize of equal or greater value, in Everyday Health's sole discretion. Taxes and unspecified expenses are the responsibility of winner. Everyday Health is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if Prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
6. Judging/Judging Criteria. Judging will take place on or around June 4, 2012. The decisions of the judges with respect to the selection of the winner, and in regard to all matters related to the Contest, shall be final and binding in all respects. Entries will be judged by a panel of five (5) judges that have the required knowledge and experience to apply the judging criteria. Judges will rate the Entries on the following equally-weighted judging criteria ("Judging Criteria"): (i) Adherence to Contest's "Memorial Day Challenge" theme; (ii) inspirational impact of the Videos; (iii) production quality; and (iv) originality.
7. Notification. Each potential winner will be notified by email within three (3) days after the completion of the judging. Winner may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document or other confirmatory documentation, as determined by Everyday Health, in its sole discretion, within five (5) days of prize notification. If winner cannot be contacted within two (2) days of first notification attempt, if any Prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if a winner rejects his/her Prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the Entry with the next highest score. Upon Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
8. Conditions. Everyday Health shall not be liable or responsible in the event winning Entry is not used for any reason. Entry (including Videos) may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified, in Everyday Health's sole and absolute discretion. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Participation in the Contest and acceptance of Prize constitutes each entrant's and winner's permission for Everyday Health to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, Entry (including Video), and/or any statements made by winner regarding the Contest or Everyday Health for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. In addition, by entering, all entrants agree to the use of their respective Videos, including their child's likeness, as depicted therein, on the Everyday Health Channels, without further compensation or permission. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Everyday Health, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest and their advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of a prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified.
9. Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, Entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Everyday Health with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth in Section 1 above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Everyday Health, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Everyday Health reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, technical issues, or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Everyday Health may select the winner from all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Everyday Health. Everyday Health reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Everyday Health may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Everyday Health representatives.
11. List of Winners. To obtain the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by July 25, 2010 to: Everyday Health, Inc., 345 Hudson Street, 16th Floor, New York, NY 10014, ATTN: Editor, Everyday Health + Amanda Russell Memorial Day Challenge Video Contest .
12. Contact. Everyday Health, Inc., 345 Hudson St., 16th Floor, New York, NY 10014
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, YOUTUBE, PINTEREST OR FACEBOOK.